We’re here to support any DFW regional applicant!
ExplorTech is here to help you as you complete your AiC application! Use the info below to get started and understand the process. Then, ask questions, request help, or help other applicants. And we’ll help you monitor the process and watch for deadlines and requirements. And please provide your contact info so we can automatically provide important updates and new information. You can also post questions and comments at the bottom of this page.
The AiC Award honors 9th-12th grade students who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary for their computing-related achievements and interests, and encourages them to pursue their passions. Award recipients are selected based on their aptitude and aspirations in technology and computing. Applicants are not required to have extensive experience or coursework in computer science! You’ll write a short essay section to demonstrate your passion for computer science / IT, and your desire to pursue your dreams! Applying is free, and you can apply every year whether you are selected for an award or not, so let’s go for it!
Start the application process today! Applications close Nov. 5!
Right now is the perfect time to submit a NCWIT Aspirations in Computing application! The entire application only takes about an hour to complete and the benefits are life changing. Applications close on Nov. 5th!
- Login or register to aspirations.org
- Follow the steps to complete the application on the student dashboard
- Review the Step-by-Step Application Guide
- Hit “Submit” by the application deadline on November 5th
- Be sure to request an educator endorsement from the dashboard
NOTE: If you applied in a prior year and have any problems logging in, please contact us right away, or contact the NCWIT help desk. Do not delay, the deadline to apply is November 5!
Practical suggestions to help you write a quality application.
- Don’t delay! It only takes about an hour to complete the application, and the deadline is very soon!
- Write your short essay answers in a word processor, check for spelling and grammar errors, and then paste the answers into the application form.
- Make sure you receive positive confirmation at the completion of each step, and make sure your application is submitted and accepted by November 5th.
- Be sure to get an Educator Endorsement. It makes a big difference! Ask a teacher, counselor, principal, or other educator you work with. We are happy to provide an endorsement as well, just ask!